We're looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team at The Royal Hotel, a warm and friendly hotel in the heart of Kirkby Lonsdale. If you're passionate about people and delivering extraordinary service as standard then read on!
The Royal Hotel is part of James' Places - a progressive and expanding group of wedding venues, hotels, pubs and restaurants.
About the Job
You'll be responsible for all staff on shift including front of house and kitchen teams ensuring that they are ready for service, aware of daily business activity and that communication is clear and consistent throughout the day. You'll deputise for the General Manager and assist with admin duties such as rotas, staff files, banking.
It's a hands on role – you'll be involved in service ensuring customers are greeted, seated and well looked after. It's important that our staff provide a warm and welcoming service to customers and you'll play a part in training and developing the team to ensure consistent service standards. You'll be a point of contact for queries and complaints from staff and customers.
You'll be responsible for the security of the building while on shift, opening and closing the premises, cashing and closing tills and conducting safe checks.
This is a full time role working various shifts across Monday to Sunday.
You’ll know what it means to deliver exceptional service, achieve consistently high standards and ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be a hands on manager leading by example to create and maintain a motivated and happy team.
You’ll already be or have experience of being an Assistant/Duty Manager, ideally in a hotel, as well as:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A strong customer service focus with the motivation to consistently drive high service levels.
- Experience of managing a team - ensuring duties are clear, monitoring performance and providing feedback, motivating and leading the team, preparing rotas
- The ability to work in a high pressured environment with a calm character.
- Results driven and motivated.
What's on offer
Salary: £20k dependent on experience
Benefits: 28 days holiday, meals on duty, staff discount card, childcare vouchers.